1. Chief Minister’s Award for Excellence and innovation in Governance and Public Service Delivery has been introduced since the year 2012-13 to recognize the extraordinary and innovative work done by the employees of State Government and its Undertakings.
2. The above subject is dealt in Administrative Reforms Cell of GA&PG Department.
3. After the nominations are received for the Award, these are placed before an Autonomous body called the Expert Committee, for shortlisting the nominations and recommending the same to the Empowered Committee for final recommendation to Government, for the Awards.
4. The Empowered Committee constituted under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary also examines the projects recommended by the Expert Committee and make final recommendation to Government for the Awards.
5. Hon’ble Chief Minister, Odisha presents the Awards in a ceremonial function.
Government of Odisha have decided to introduce “Chief Minister’s Award for excellence in Public Administration” to recognize the extraordinary and innovative work done by the officers of the State Government (excluding AIS officers).
The Scheme is envisaged to acknowledge the outstanding and exemplary performance of the State civil servants in the following areas.
All officers of State Government individually or as group or as organization are eligible to be considered for the awards.
The Award will comprise the following:
The preliminary shortlisting of nominations will be done by an Expert Committee. The Expert Committee will scrutinize the nominations, made field visits, organize spot studies and make recommendation to the Government.